Getting engaged and planning a wedding is really fun. This is a new chapter in your life and you are surrounded by friends and family. However, there is a huge to do list and the never ending tips and tricks can quickly become overwhelming. If your wedding date is 4 – 6 months away these are the things you should be focusing on now. Stay tuned for further to-do lists throughout the year, to make sure you don’t miss a thing. If your wedding is more than 6 months away, start with this wedding checklist first.
Fashion To Dos
- Purchase wedding attire and accessories (if not done already)
- Determine Bridal Party attire and schedule fittings
- Select and place order for Mother’s gowns & accessories
- Schedule Hair and Makeup Trials – expect to pay for these!
Guest List To Dos
- Finalize guest list
- Order wedding invitations (mail out 8 – 10 weeks prior to wedding – send save the dates if out of state wedding)
- Reserve a room block for you and out of town guests
Ceremony To Dos
- Determine what customs/traditions you would like incorporated in the ceremony
- Sign up for premarital counseling/marriage mentoring (if desired or required by church)
- Determine vows or readings you wish to have included during the ceremony
Other To Dos
- Order party favors or imprinted items (ex. Custom beverage napkins)
- Register for gifts
- Finalize Honeymoon plans
- Solidify plans for the rehearsal dinner
- Review and update budget
I know this seems like a lot of tasks to accomplish, but time flies when you are planning a wedding. Break this list into smaller to manage chunks to not feel overwhelmed. For more information on why hiring a planner can help knock out this list, click here.